Krysten Goocher killed by suicide following battle with postpartum depression in Dallas, Texas

Dallas, Texas – The Dallas community is grieving the tragic loss of Krysten Goocher, a young mother who lost her battle with postpartum depression over the weekend. Krysten’s family confirmed the devastating news, revealing the heartbreaking details of her struggle with the illness that ultimately led to her untimely demise.

According to her family, Krysten Goocher had been grappling with postpartum depression for nearly two years before her tragic passing. In a heartfelt statement, her father, Kevin Goocher, shared the devastating news on his social media account, highlighting the immense pain his family is enduring.

Krysten’s step-mother, Melanie, expressed the family’s deep sorrow, revealing the extent of Krysten’s battle with postpartum depression. “Krysten had a beautiful baby boy named Weston almost 2 years ago and struggled with postpartum. She tried desperately to get help. In the end, she must’ve felt helpless because she chose to take her own life this past weekend. We are all devastated.”

Kevin Goocher shared a post on fb on the death of Krysten Goocher:

I am deeply devastated that my daughter Krysten lost her battle with postpartum depression and took her own life this weekend after trying to get help. The system needs to do better for mental illness. I am just in shock. I appreciate everyone reaching out and those who are donating to the GofundMe. That means more than you know because my little grandson, Weston and his daddy are in great need now. Rest in peace baby. I love you always. 💔 Here’s the link if you are able to donate or share. Thank you all.
https://gofund.me/6e4e7371

In an effort to support Krysten’s partner and her baby boy, Weston, the family has created a GoFundMe account to raise funds for her funeral expenses. Kevin Goocher, in a state of shock, expressed his gratitude for the outpouring of support. “I am deeply devastated that my daughter Krysten lost her battle with postpartum depression and took her own life this weekend after trying to get help. The system needs to do better for mental illness.”

As the community mourns the loss of Krysten Goocher, her family emphasizes the urgent need for better mental health support systems. The family will release details about Krysten’s obituary and funeral arrangements in the coming days, allowing friends, neighbors, and well-wishers to pay their respects and support the family during this difficult time.

ncG1vNJzZmiin5fAo7vTrGWcp51kuLPF0q2cp2WXpLyktMSrZKShnKGypXnBsmSsrZmYtqWxjJ%2BmpaSfrLavs4ybmK2snJp6uLXToWSpp6OpvaK%2B066kZpyVpb%2Bmv9KipqdlmaN6pa3LpZisZaSaxaK%2Fjg%3D%3D